Forgiveness: (noun)
1. the act of pardoning somebody for a mistake or wrongdoing
We're called to forgive others everyday of our lives.
The Bible says to forgive and you will be forgiven. (Luke 2:36)
Sometimes, forgiving others can be easy.
But what if someone never apologized?
Maybe they have hurt you badly. Or have no idea they've done anything. Or they just aren't sorry at all...
Do you still have to forgive them?
It'd be easy to say no, because they haven't apologized.
The answer though is YES, we should forgive those who have wronged us,
even if they haven't asked for forgiveness.
If we do not forgive others, we will not be forgiven ourselves. (Matthew 6:14-15)
We are also told to love our enemies. And love keeps no record of wrongs.
(1 Corinthians 13:5b)
Truly love one another and fully forgive. Don't just say "I forgive you", but mean it 100%.
I'm writing all this because I'm working on forgiveness myself, and this is just what's been on my mind.
You are a gem! Great post and looking forward to reading more.
ReplyDelete